cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iKettle
Helper II
Helper II

field name was specified more than once in this record power app

Hi Guys, I have  a form which uses  sharepoint lists. The one list is LearningCatelog and the other is MyLearningPlan. The LearningCatelog is a sharepoint list which I want users to be able to create new records if they cannot find a specific record in this sharepoint list. The form in my app that looks up the LearningCatelog based on a certain skills that is selected in a combobox (linkage/key), it will display what is available from the LearningCatelog (field 'Learning Title' which is a text field). The form is using another list called MyLearningPlan. This all works well, however, I want the user to be able to add to the LearningCatelog, if they toggle Yes. What I have done is to setup two different datacards for the same field (Learning Title), one is a combobox (lookup) and the other is a text field (so the user can add the name of the learning if the toggle is true, else it will retain the combobox data and update the MyLearningPlan sharepoint list. On success of the form, I am trying to patching through the fields for LeanringCatelog to create a new record if the toggle is true. On submit it save the record to MyLearningPlan, however I have come across this error when trying to patch the field 'Learning Title': - The field named  'Learning Title' was specified more than once in this record. How do I get over this issue? 

I have read about renaming column, but I am unsure of where exactly I need to rename it, on what control etc? Would I need to set a variable and where would I need to do that? 

Any help will be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @iKettle ,

Please post your code (in Text) and a screen shot of the error.

cha_cha
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hello @iKettle 

May I see your patch code? Also your SharePoint lists?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,593)