cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Craig_Debbo
Level: Powered On

field names in SP/PAstudio don't match Android/iOS 'apps'

Any beside me notice that the field names in SP and the card names that I manually change don't show up in the Android and IOS apps.

Eg. 1. The Title field in Sharepoint. I can name it something else in SP (yes it's still title behind the scenes) and I can rename it on the Powerapp development tool. But when I run the app in Android and iOS I see the word 'Title' for the field name.

Eg. 2. I create another field - called, say, 'signedBy'. Then in PowerApps I add the card with this field but I change the display name of the card to 'Signed By'. Well back on Android and IOS it's called 'signedBy'.

I suspect PowerApps is still pulling the field names directly from Sharepoint, not from the PowerApps 'application'.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Craig_Debbo

Re: field names in SP/PAstudio don't match Android/iOS 'apps'

Ah Ha, Solved it.

When you double click on the data-card field title text in PAStudio and change the value the change doesn't 'stick'. I have to go to the data-card Advanced Tab and update the "Display Name" value.

Clearly changing the field title on the GUI doesn't do anything - it looks changed but underneath, nothing is saved or updated.

NOTE TO PowerApp UI Developers. If there are two places to change a setting then make sure both actually change the setting. Letting the end-user discover what works only leads to dissatisfaction and mistrust that the product actually will work.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Craig_Debbo,

I just tried to rename the title field within PowerApp, and it shows me the changed display name, works in PowerApp IOS version and PowerApp studio. And after modifying the app in PowerApp studio, we need to update the App published.  Click File->Save, under the App name, enter the same published App name, then choose Replace the existing App. After that, click Replace to save the changes made in the App.

15.PNG

In addition, please also take a try to update the PowerApp Version on your Android/IOS device. See if this would make any difference.

Besides, the title field in SharePoint couldn't be edited correctly under New Site View. The Card Name would stay with "Title" under PowerApp when rename it under Sharepoint. This issue does not exist under Classic View.

If you are having issues with the information I just mentioned, then you may need to contact SharePoint support for further assistance.

And if I have any misunderstandings, please feel free to post back.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Craig_Debbo

Thanks for replying. I've already done this. On my Android app there is no difference. the Field names still remain as their original SP names. I've even uninstalled and re-installed the Android powerapp. Yes, this works in the powerapps studio, just not on my Android app.

Too bad. Maybe there will be a fix at some point.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Craig_Debbo,

I will try to find an Android device to test this, and share the results here once I finished.

Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Craig_Debbo,

I tried PowerApp on a device with Android 7.0.

update the title name under PowerApp Studio,

then save the update to the created App,

and the title name refreshed after re-downloading the created app from PowerApp in Android.

Besides, could you please check about the list View under Sharepoint? If possible, switch to the classic View and then edit the list column there, after that, create a New App to update the old one, check to see if this would work on your Android device.

If you would like to switch back to New site View of Sharepoint, just clear your Browser cache, and then reload your Sharepoint site.

Regards

Craig_Debbo

Ah Ha, Solved it.

When you double click on the data-card field title text in PAStudio and change the value the change doesn't 'stick'. I have to go to the data-card Advanced Tab and update the "Display Name" value.

Clearly changing the field title on the GUI doesn't do anything - it looks changed but underneath, nothing is saved or updated.

NOTE TO PowerApp UI Developers. If there are two places to change a setting then make sure both actually change the setting. Letting the end-user discover what works only leads to dissatisfaction and mistrust that the product actually will work.

View solution in original post

Craig_Debbo

Thanks @v-micsh-msft for following up on this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,011)