cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GET123
Helper I
Helper I

filter SharePoint list multi-line text box hat contains data in a basic comma-separated

I have multi-line text Column that contains data in a basic comma-separated SharePoint   list 

SharePoint list Name : Z123. it has 35,000 rows 

Column Name . X-123 .  The data looks like   ( A, B,C,D,E ..) 

I used  (Filter(Z123  , StartsWith( X-123 , txtName.Text)  but  it doesn't  filter  when I enter "B" in txtName . it  only work  for "A" .

I would be grateful  if anyone  helps to fix my issue . 

7 REPLIES 7
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @GET123 ,

Go to your SharePoint List Settings and under Indexed columns, create an index for X-123

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

GET123
Helper I
Helper I

Yes , I already  did that and not  working  

Thanks 

@GET123 ,

Then it should work - I have just tested the same syntax on a list with 30k items and it worked well and very quickly.

Filter(
   Z123,
   StartsWith(
      X-123,
      txtName.Text
   )
) 

When you say The data looks like   ( A, B,C,D,E ..) , does the field start with A (or B) or are you looking for the character somewhere in the field. If so, you need the in filter, which is not Delegable.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

You  are correct , the field   start  with "A"  and it  works only  for "A"  character,   I am looking to  filter based  on the character somewhere in the field as well . I wanted  the user to  type  A , B ,C or D in  the search box(txtName) and filter  the data .  

@GET123 ,

Unfortunately you cannot do that with 35k records - you would need the in Filter, which is not Delegable (nor is Search). If you can look in a smaller sub-set (under 2,000 records) then it can be done.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @GET123 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

Thank you  for checking , Since In Filter is not delegable ,   the Search  field is not  displaying  the  results properly.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,438)