Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d3ell
Helper V
Helper V

filter a column by todays date

Hi All,

I am having trouble with filtering a column in a sharpoint list by todays date.

My datasouce is: CustomerCareLog 

The column i want to filter a gallery by is: AppointmentDate

I have tried lots of things, but i either get errors saying that the column types dont match or i get a delegation warning.  I would like to achieve this without a delegation warning.

so far i've tried using the Today and IsToday function, they both return the delegation warning

Filter(CustomerCareLog,IsToday(AppointmentDate))

I've tried converting inserting a date picker and setting its default date to today and filtering by that, but i get a red error circle saying the expression 2019-03-16 eq AppointmentDate is not valid

Filter(CustomerCareLog,DatePicker1.SelectedDate=AppointmentDate)

I've tried ensuring the format of the date picker to match my sharepoint list, but that doesnt make a difference

I've tried creating a label with 'Today()' and tried referencing that and i get a warning that the data isnt the same type:

Filter(CustomerCareLog, AppointmentDate=LabelToday.Text)

With that in mid i tried to covert the AppointmentDate column to Text but  this gives me a delegation warning again...

Filter(CustomerCareLog, Text(AppointmentDate,"dd/mm/yyyy")=LabelToday.Text)

Any one got the solution, surely there is an easy way to do this without delegation warnings that i'm simply missing?

Help/Advise appreciated!

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @RandyHayes just finished setting this all up and want to thank you again for all your assistance on this! All works a dream now and no delegation and future proofed! Man Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,519)