Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d3ell
Helper V
Helper V

filter a column by todays date

Hi All,

I am having trouble with filtering a column in a sharpoint list by todays date.

My datasouce is: CustomerCareLog 

The column i want to filter a gallery by is: AppointmentDate

I have tried lots of things, but i either get errors saying that the column types dont match or i get a delegation warning.  I would like to achieve this without a delegation warning.

so far i've tried using the Today and IsToday function, they both return the delegation warning

Filter(CustomerCareLog,IsToday(AppointmentDate))

I've tried converting inserting a date picker and setting its default date to today and filtering by that, but i get a red error circle saying the expression 2019-03-16 eq AppointmentDate is not valid

Filter(CustomerCareLog,DatePicker1.SelectedDate=AppointmentDate)

I've tried ensuring the format of the date picker to match my sharepoint list, but that doesnt make a difference

I've tried creating a label with 'Today()' and tried referencing that and i get a warning that the data isnt the same type:

Filter(CustomerCareLog, AppointmentDate=LabelToday.Text)

With that in mid i tried to covert the AppointmentDate column to Text but  this gives me a delegation warning again...

Filter(CustomerCareLog, Text(AppointmentDate,"dd/mm/yyyy")=LabelToday.Text)

Any one got the solution, surely there is an easy way to do this without delegation warnings that i'm simply missing?

Help/Advise appreciated!

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @RandyHayes just finished setting this all up and want to thank you again for all your assistance on this! All works a dream now and no delegation and future proofed! Man Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,131)