cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

filter - dropdown values

I have a gallery which displays users.  Each user has a dropdown field which lists their skills.  They can have more than one skill listed.

I would like to be able to add a search function or a filter that when you type a skill in the search box, the gallery will display all users who have this skill listed in their dropdown field.

Can this be done?

If so, can someone advise how i can go about creating this please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @neill_long,

Could you please share a bit more about the Dropdown field that you mentioned? Is it a Choice type column which enables multiple selections?

The user @Lp939 has faced similar issue with you, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Casading-dropdown-with-2-SharePoint-Lists/m-p...

I have created a SP list on my side, the data structure as below:15.JPG

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:16.JPG

17.JPG

Set the Items property of the Gallery control to following formula:

If(
    IsBlank(TextSearchBox1.Text),
    '20181026_case11',
    Filter(
    '20181026_case11', 
    TextSearchBox1.Text in SkillSet.Value         /* SkillSet is a Choice column in my SP list, which enables multiple selections*/
    )
)

On your side, you should type:

If(
    'YourSPList',
    Filter(
    'YourSPList', 
    TextSearchBox1.Text in YourDropdownField.Value         /* YourDropdownField is a Choice column in my SP list, which enables multiple selections*/
    )
)

The GIF screenshot as below:Test1.gif

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @neill_long,

Could you please share a bit more about the Dropdown field that you mentioned? Is it a Choice type column which enables multiple selections?

The user @Lp939 has faced similar issue with you, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Casading-dropdown-with-2-SharePoint-Lists/m-p...

I have created a SP list on my side, the data structure as below:15.JPG

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:16.JPG

17.JPG

Set the Items property of the Gallery control to following formula:

If(
    '20181026_case11',
    Filter(
    '20181026_case11', 
    TextSearchBox1.Text in SkillSet.Value         /* SkillSet is a Choice column in my SP list, which enables multiple selections*/
    )
)

On your side, you should type:

If(
    'YourSPList',
    Filter(
    'YourSPList', 
    TextSearchBox1.Text in YourDropdownField.Value         /* YourDropdownField is a Choice column in my SP list, which enables multiple selections*/
    )
)

The GIF screenshot as below:Test1.gif

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @v-xida-msft

It is a lookup field that you can select multiple options.

Following your suggestion, i was able to amend it a little to work the way i was hoping it to, so thanks for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (22,089)