cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mammifero
Frequent Visitor

filter gallery with lookup

Good Morning to the forum from Italy, i'm like a "new kid on town" in terms of building power apps so i ask for a little help

I have two sharepoint lists

One called ListFamilies with 3 fileds:  Family – Family Description – Image

and the other one called ListArticles with the following fileds: Lookup Family – Articles – Articles Description – Price

I have created 2 screen – but i don’t know how to view on the screen “Articoli” the relative filtered item 

example.jpg

a big thank to anyone who can help me

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mammifero 

If you have a one to many relationship between the two lists, you will need a second gallery to show them. There should be a field in the second list that relates it back to the Family list, ideally, familyID. This should be a number field that is the ID field from the Family list. You would have the items property of the Article gallery Filter(Article, familyID=Gallery1.Selected.ID)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mammifero 

If you have a one to many relationship between the two lists, you will need a second gallery to show them. There should be a field in the second list that relates it back to the Family list, ideally, familyID. This should be a number field that is the ID field from the Family list. You would have the items property of the Article gallery Filter(Article, familyID=Gallery1.Selected.ID)

View solution in original post

Dear Drrickryp, thanks for the answer

if i undestood well i have to modify my sharepoint lists like follow 

ListFamilies:

Family – Family Description – Image

ListArticles:

Lookup Family – Articles – Articles Description – Price - FamilyID (formatted as number)

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Mammifero 

You are exactly correct.  For an explanation and examples of how to implement the relationships in Powerapps see https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/News-Announcements/Relational-Database-Principles-and-PowerApps-...  and  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/News-Announcements/Relational-Database-Design-fundamentals-Imple... .  You will also need to add a screen with edit form to add/modify the Family list and one for the Article list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,662)