cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mammifero
Frequent Visitor

filter gallery with lookup

Good Morning to the forum from Italy, i'm like a "new kid on town" in terms of building power apps so i ask for a little help

I have two sharepoint lists

One called ListFamilies with 3 fileds:  Family – Family Description – Image

and the other one called ListArticles with the following fileds: Lookup Family – Articles – Articles Description – Price

I have created 2 screen – but i don’t know how to view on the screen “Articoli” the relative filtered item 

example.jpg

a big thank to anyone who can help me

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Mammifero 

If you have a one to many relationship between the two lists, you will need a second gallery to show them. There should be a field in the second list that relates it back to the Family list, ideally, familyID. This should be a number field that is the ID field from the Family list. You would have the items property of the Article gallery Filter(Article, familyID=Gallery1.Selected.ID)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Mammifero 

If you have a one to many relationship between the two lists, you will need a second gallery to show them. There should be a field in the second list that relates it back to the Family list, ideally, familyID. This should be a number field that is the ID field from the Family list. You would have the items property of the Article gallery Filter(Article, familyID=Gallery1.Selected.ID)

View solution in original post

Dear Drrickryp, thanks for the answer

if i undestood well i have to modify my sharepoint lists like follow 

ListFamilies:

Family – Family Description – Image

ListArticles:

Lookup Family – Articles – Articles Description – Price - FamilyID (formatted as number)

Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

@Mammifero 

You are exactly correct.  For an explanation and examples of how to implement the relationships in Powerapps see https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/News-Announcements/Relational-Database-Principles-and-PowerApps-...  and  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/News-Announcements/Relational-Database-Design-fundamentals-Imple... .  You will also need to add a screen with edit form to add/modify the Family list and one for the Article list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (72,960)