Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Re: filter using a dropdown operator

didn't know how to format formula Smiley Embarassed

this is my app

this is the applicant screeen (i have "calendar", "deals", "custome" etc etc too), this is a list of applicants. There are more then 50 columns

Cattura.PNG

this is the filter rectangle that i set visible on clicking on the filter icon. I'm building various textboxes and dropdowns to filter columns

Cattura1.PNG

this is the first formula i tried, the gallery show some records but not everyone (i tried with excel)

Cattura2.PNG

this is the second formula i tried, but the gallery is empty, even if it gives no error

Cattura4.PNG

thanks for your time

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @diego_marino,

Thank you for posting these information...

Ok, let's try this formula instead:

Filter(
    Candidati;
    (
IsBlank(TBcandidatifiltoptftrasferibile.Text)
|| (DPcandidatifiltoptftrasferibile.Selected.Value = "=" && 'Ptf trasferibile personale' = TBcandidatifiltoptftrasferibile.Text)
|| (DPcandidatifiltoptftrasferibile.Selected.Value = "<=" && 'Ptf trasferibile personale' <= TBcandidatifiltoptftrasferibile.Text)
|| (DPcandidatifiltoptftrasferibile.Selected.Value = ">=" && 'Ptf trasferibile personale' >= TBcandidatifiltoptftrasferibile.Text)
) )

Can you test this already and see if it works. Then we will see how to add the conditions on the other fields...

Emmanuel

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

unfortunely not working. I made some tests

this is working properly

Filter(
    Candidati;
    IsBlank(TBcandidatifiltroptftrasferibile.Text) || 'Ptf trasferibile personale' = Value(TBcandidatifiltroptftrasferibile.Text)
)

when i add this other piece (DPcandidatifiltroptftrasferibile.Selected.Value = "=" &&) it returns nothing, even if it gives me no error

Filter(
    Candidati;
    IsBlank(TBcandidatifiltroptftrasferibile.Text) || (DPcandidatifiltroptftrasferibile.Selected.Value = "=" && 'Ptf trasferibile personale' = Value(TBcandidatifiltroptftrasferibile.Text))
)
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

hi

with this formula everything is ok

Filter(
    Candidati;
    IsBlank(TBcandidatifiltroptftrasferibile.Text) || 'Ptf trasferibile personale' = Value(TBcandidatifiltroptftrasferibile.Text)
)

when i add that piece it gives me no error but gallery is empty

Filter(
    Candidati;
    IsBlank(TBcandidatifiltroptftrasferibile.Text) || (DPcandidatifiltroptftrasferibile.Selected.Value = "=" && 'Ptf trasferibile personale' = Value(TBcandidatifiltroptftrasferibile.Text))
)
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Where do you place your filter formula ?

What are the possible values that the user can enter in the TBcandidatifiltroptftrasferibile field ?

What is the data type of the field 'Ptf trasferibile personale' ?

Use the Value() function only if you want to convert a numeric text into a numeric value.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

1) the formula is in gallery items

2) TBcandidatifiltroptftrasferibile  is a text input in which user can insert only a number

3) the data type of the field 'Ptf trasferibile personale'  is a number sharepoint column, just changed the type from text to number and eliminated the Value() function

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Ok, perfect. Since your last changes have you made a test again on both formulas you tested before ?

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

yes, i tried this one and it's not working Smiley Sad

Filter(
    Candidati;
    IsBlank(TBcandidatifiltroptftrasferibile.Text) || (DPcandidatifiltroptftrasferibile.Selected.Value = "=" && 'Ptf trasferibile personale' = TBcandidatifiltroptftrasferibile.Text)
)
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Ok. Firstly, since your textbox TBcandidatifiltroptftrasferibile text property returns a string and is compared with your 'Ptf trasferibile personale' field which is numeric, I would add the Value() function around the TBcandidatifiltroptftrasferibile.Text.

Can you try again the formula with just this and tell me if it works:

Filter(
    Candidati;
    IsBlank(TBcandidatifiltroptftrasferibile.Text) || 'Ptf trasferibile personale' = Value(TBcandidatifiltroptftrasferibile.Text))
)

Then, about your DPcandidatifiltroptftrasferibile dropdown, can you post a capture with the Items property please ? Like this:

Image 10.png

Thank you.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

ok i tried

Filter(
    Candidati;
)

not working

Cattura.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,824)