cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
strzzz
Level: Powered On

filtering sharepoint choice field combobox

I am just starting with PowerApps and seem not to be able to do trivial filtering with values in combobox.

The setup is simple: I have a sharepoint list with Choice field type (not lookup). Now in PowerApps I want to be able to filter values in combobox related to my Choice field using literal value.

F.y. I have 2 entries in Choice field: Test1 and Test2

I want to see only Test2 in powerapp. How to do this filtering ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: filtering sharepoint choice field combobox

Hi @strzzz 

If you only want to show the Test2 choice in a ComboBox, you can do this by setting the Items property of your ComboBox to:

Choices(YourDataSource.YourChoiceField, "Test2")

For info, here's a similar post that shows how to filter out items in a choice field.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Hiding-one-choice-in-a-drop-down-column/m-p/2...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi @strzzz 

If you only want to show the Test2 choice in a ComboBox, you can do this by setting the Items property of your ComboBox to:

Choices(YourDataSource.YourChoiceField, "Test2")

For info, here's a similar post that shows how to filter out items in a choice field.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Hiding-one-choice-in-a-drop-down-column/m-p/2...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Nickhubers1988
Level: Powered On

Is it possible to add more then one choices in the formula. I tried all the operators PowerApps know but didn't work.

This is a start of the formula, there are more choices:

Choices(TotaaloverzichtSportsLabsEU.'Onderbouw Labtest', "Geconformeerd"  "Nvt")

I have a column on my sharepoint list which is set to Choices with about 7 choices, but I want to just limit the choices to those choices I set in the column on my sharepoint list. Filtering, Distinct functions won't work. 

If I use Choices it also gives me the free to fill in choices as well. I tried something like .Value !Result, didn't work either. I am quite knew to this but I strangled my brains with this. 

dropdown settings.pngSettings of the dropdown menu in a galleryNot need to show.pngThe Choices I do not want to show but are in my list in that specific Column

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,447)