Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexaristide
Helper I
Helper I

flow does not work with variables

Hi there,
I am having troubles with my flow... it is not working well when I set the content of the field in the form..., I have a word template in order to populate with the app, in fact when I send text values to the flow... it works
flow2.run("date"; "1254")... the flow works properly........ but those are text and static values..., I need to run the flow with the values of the fields in the form wich are populated..., for example I need something like this:  flujo2.Run(Fecha_DataCard1;Numero_DataCard1)

the error message is "type of argument not valid (control), expected a text value"

if someone could help me out

3 REPLIES 3
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Try

flujo2.Run(Fecha_DataCardValue1.Text;Numero_DataCardValue2.Text)

Please DatacardValues stores what you enter in the Textbox. Don't use Datacard.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

alexaristides
Frequent Visitor

Can not write it as you say…, the error message is: The Run function has invalid arguments when I start to write is not available the extension .TEXT, and neither Fecha_DataCardValue1, only Fecha_DataCard1...., the source data is an excel file in OneDrive, Fecha_DataCard1.jpg

Replace Fecha_DataCardValue1 with DatePicker2.SelectedDate in the flow.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (57,123)