cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

flow to move a onedrive folder to a sharepoimt folder

Hi all,

How do you make a flow where you can move a folder from onedrive to a sharepoint folder based on the name of the folder.

What I found on internet does not work.

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@MBart 

There is no direct action in Power Automate to move the folder from One Drive to SharePoint but there are separate actions to read content from OneDrive folder and create a new folder in SharePoint document library. After you copy the content, you can remove folder from OneDrive.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/MS-Flow-Create-new-folder-action/b...

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

Thanks for helping. 

But it doesn't do the trick for me. Let me explain.

I made in Forms a questionaire which includes the uploads of files.

When the user sends his answer there is a folder created in onedrive with the uploaded files.

Now I want to move this folder and the files within to a existing folder in sharepoint as soon as it's created in onedrive.

So I have done this flow:

1. when a file is created: input foldername

2. condition: foldername contains '07'

3. when yes: make folder

But the condition is not recognized and the expressions found on internet to do that give a error.

Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @MBart 

Can you share a screenshot of the configuration in flow? What is the error that you are getting? If you can share more details, we might be able to help you better.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi @yashag2255 

I hope the screenshots help.

Also when I put this expression in a condition I get the error: expression is wrong.

@startsWith(triggerOutputs()['headers']['x-ms-file-name-encoded'],'07')

Thanks for helping.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (70,569)