Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RussellGove
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

for a selected item email the user who started the flow

Hi,

I'm trying to create an approval flow for a sharepoint list.  The trigger for the flows is 'for a selected item'.

How do i send an email to the person who started the flow after approval/rejection?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EnergiserFlow
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Russel,

You should be able to do so - you just need to click 'See More' next to the 'for a selected item' in the dynamic content.

You want to select the field 'User email'.

See attached image for the highlighted process:Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
EnergiserFlow
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Russel,

You should be able to do so - you just need to click 'See More' next to the 'for a selected item' in the dynamic content.

You want to select the field 'User email'.

See attached image for the highlighted process:Capture.PNG

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RussellGove,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Further, do you want to send an email to the user who start the flow after the approval action?

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:9.JPGWithin the "Send an email" aciton, set the To field to the User email dynamic content of the trigger.

Note: The User email dynamic content would be shown up when you click the "See more" button of "For a selected item" part within the right Dynamic content panel

The flow works successfully as below:10.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, don't lmow how i missed that!:

Hi @RussellGove,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (4,090)