cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TesDA
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

form disappears when I click on an item in the gallery to edit

My form disappears when I click on an item in the gallery to edit. This is all in the same screen.

What am I doing wrong?

Form1:

OnSuccess: ResetForm(Form8)

DefaultMode: FormMode.New

Gallery1:

Items: Filter('[dbo].[App_PAFNewProj_Staff]', MainID = varRecord.ID)

OnSelect: False

NextArrow2 (in gallery):

OnSelect: EditForm(Form8)

powerapperror.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@TesDA 

Ok, I may have been confused.  The Item property of the form has to match the ID of the gallery item selected.  On the form, change the Item property to Lookup('[dbo].[App_PAFNewProj_Staff]' , ID=Gallery1.Selected.ID).     

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@TesDA 

Assuming the Data source of the form is '[dbo].[App_PAFNewProj_Staff]', does your Item property of the form say Lookup('[dbo].[App_PAFNewProj_Staff]' ,ID = varRecord.ID)?

TesDA
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

When I add Lookup('[dbo].[App_PAFNewProj_Staff]' ,ID = varRecord.ID) to items, I can now see the form - however its not pulling up the correct information, its only showing the first of a number of employee profiles that were entered. Clicking on other rows in the gallery doesn't change anything. Let me know if there is something else I can provide that would be helpful

@TesDA 

Ok, I may have been confused.  The Item property of the form has to match the ID of the gallery item selected.  On the form, change the Item property to Lookup('[dbo].[App_PAFNewProj_Staff]' , ID=Gallery1.Selected.ID).     

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (5,098)