cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
faisalmirji123
Frequent Visitor

forms- DS as Sharepoint Lists

Hello, I have a list of Students For Each Student There is data to be filled in the Form 

For Each Student Name there Should be 1 form for data to be filled  and 2 Display Modes i.e., On First Submit Form Display Mode of the form Should be New, Else Display mode of the form should be Edit... plz give me your ideas on how to do it....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @faisalmirji123 ,

In the OnVisible property of the screen that has your form, you can set below

If(IsEmpty(LookUp(YourSharepointList,Student.Email = User().Mail),NewForm(YourForm),EditForm(YourForm))

Basically it checks if the current user already has a record in the Sharepoint list and sets the FormMode accordingly.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @faisalmirji123 ,

In the OnVisible property of the screen that has your form, you can set below

If(IsEmpty(LookUp(YourSharepointList,Student.Email = User().Mail),NewForm(YourForm),EditForm(YourForm))

Basically it checks if the current user already has a record in the Sharepoint list and sets the FormMode accordingly.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.
faisalmirji123
Frequent Visitor

Hey!! Thanks for The Suggestion It Worked For me..

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (3,698)