cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmattar
Level 8

gallery loading animation

Hello,

I am trying to show a loading animation when my gallery is loading data. So my gallery's ITEMS property is connected to a Switch which takes in a Match Result based on a button clicked on the prev. screen. I then do a filter on my datasource based on the match result, while this is loading my data how can i show a loading animation. Rather than the buttons that go across the top.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: gallery loading animation

Hi @mmattar 

In that case, on click of the button to filter - you can set a variable to show animation, then perform the query and load data into a collection and then set variable to hide animation all in 1 statement

button onselect

set(varShowAnimation,true);ClearCollect(colData,query data source logic comes here);set(varShowAnimation,false);

your gallery data source would need to be colData

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @mmattar 

You can use concept of timer control which gives time for the gallery to load

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-PowerApps-Formerly/Preloader-when-Gallery-is-loading-wi...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

mmattar
Level 8

what if i wanted a dynamic loading animation that looks at the filter query and spins as the app is doing that and stops when the filter query has stopped. You are saying i should have a timer set to static number that will always run the same amount of time regardless if the filter query happens slower than the time or faster ? 

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @mmattar 

In that case, on click of the button to filter - you can set a variable to show animation, then perform the query and load data into a collection and then set variable to hide animation all in 1 statement

button onselect

set(varShowAnimation,true);ClearCollect(colData,query data source logic comes here);set(varShowAnimation,false);

your gallery data source would need to be colData

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,735)