Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VineethKN
Helper I
Helper I

get value of powerapps in MS Flow

Hi All,

i have 3 columns in PowerApps (Region, Country and State)

am invoking an MS flow from this powerApp, i want to getItems From Sharepoint using above powerapps values in filter,

How can i achieve this, since when i select the Ask in PowerApps options, it gives GetItem_FilterQuery, how can i select the exact field value.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VineethKN :

Because I am not very clear about the function of your flow, I assume that you have the following requirements: the three values of Region, Country, and State of the specified record are passed to flow as 3 text variables. I assumed the specified record is the first record.

Ive made a test for your reference:

My data source:

ClearCollect(mytest,{Region:"Region1",Country:"Country1",State:"State1"},{Region:"Region2",Country:"Country2",State:"State2"})

Create a flow:

1\Create a flow(GetValue)

Action-Power Automate-Create a new flow

Attention

• the trigger must be PowerApps.
  • the flow and your app must be in the same environment.

FlowDetial.png

In your PowerApps app:

2\add the flow

Action-Power Automate- GetValue

3\Add a button

OnSelect:

GetValue.Run(First(mytest).Region,First(mytest).Country,First(mytest).State) /* Region, Country, State in the first record */

If you select the button, the three variables(Region, Country, State) in the process will get the values of the three parameters(First(mytest).Region,First(mytest).Country,First(mytest).State) in order.

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @VineethKN ,

You are welcome to post here, but you will probably get a quicker and more focused response from the experts over at the Power Automate Community.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VineethKN :

Because I am not very clear about the function of your flow, I assume that you have the following requirements: the three values of Region, Country, and State of the specified record are passed to flow as 3 text variables. I assumed the specified record is the first record.

Ive made a test for your reference:

My data source:

ClearCollect(mytest,{Region:"Region1",Country:"Country1",State:"State1"},{Region:"Region2",Country:"Country2",State:"State2"})

Create a flow:

1\Create a flow(GetValue)

Action-Power Automate-Create a new flow

Attention

• the trigger must be PowerApps.
  • the flow and your app must be in the same environment.

FlowDetial.png

In your PowerApps app:

2\add the flow

Action-Power Automate- GetValue

3\Add a button

OnSelect:

GetValue.Run(First(mytest).Region,First(mytest).Country,First(mytest).State) /* Region, Country, State in the first record */

If you select the button, the three variables(Region, Country, State) in the process will get the values of the three parameters(First(mytest).Region,First(mytest).Country,First(mytest).State) in order.

Best Regards,

Bof

Hi Bof, thanks for the reply, am not sure if am doing it wrong,

i created 3 variables in my flow as you have specified, and in the powerapps called the flow on button click with direct call of values, it worked for me , can you please let me know , whats the significant use of ClearCollect,  below is what i have in my powerapps button click PowerAppsbutton.Run(ddRegion_gr.SelectedText.Value, ddCountry_gr.SelectedText.Value,ddState_gr.SelectedText.Value)

Thank you

Hi @VineethKN :

ClearCollect is what I use to create collections. I use the collection it creates as my data source. Because you already have a data source, you do not need to pay attention to it.

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,201)