cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

group Sharepoint list data for gallery//GroupBy multiple columns

Hi, 

I didn't find quite the right solution for my problem in the board, so here's my problem:

I'm running an app to place orders, some kind of company internal online-shop.

The app is already online and working quite well, but until now we only offer single items (single rows of sharepoint data). 

Now we're adding clothes to our products in different sizes, so now we have two 'categories' of data:

'general' data like picture/price/item name for each product and 'specific' data like available sizes/amount of items in stock/item number for each size.

My gallery should now display a record for each item, let's say "T-Shirt, 5$, picture" and a dropdown to select a size.

Distinct-function didn't work of course. GroupBy-function brought some first results - with and without clearcollecting it. I usually group by the image-link (cause it's the most tricky one to work with in the gallery) and I can feed the dropdown with the available sizes.

I have problems displaying the 'common' data in the gallery field. I used the LookUp-function, something like 'LookUp(Collection, ThisItem.Imagelink = Imagelink; price)', which isn't the best solution regarding performance (given around 50 items with several LookUps...). I tried to feed the labels with 'ThisItem.GroupedInfos.Price' and 'First(ThisItem.GroupedInfo.Price)', but get an error because it wasn't recognized as Text-Data and couldn't be transformed to text by Text().

I tried a subgallery/nested gallery, which makes the 'specific' data easily available, but it creates a gallery field for each size and a messy design.

So in summary: is there a way to group data from a Sharepoint-list by multiple columns or a better way to display the grouped data for this project? I need to display data that is common for a group of items (1) and different sizes and stocks for each article (1) at the same time.

Working with two lists (article list and detail list) would mess up my backend, since the items in stock a managed by another app. Some GroupBy-function should do the trick, but I need to figure out how.

Thanks for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,548)