cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

have the defaults submit in form

I'm having an issue with an app. I thought that if you submit a form that has defaults it would just submit the defaults. Is this incorrect? and if so is there any way to have the defaults set to the values then send it without having to go to each individual control as I have an app with 25 screens with 20~ controls each and that sounds like a nightmare.

Thanks n advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Anonymous 

Nope that's something different. 

You need to use this code to put the form in new mode.  Then the default values will appear.  I would typically put this in the OnVisible property of the screen or the OnSelect property of the button used to navigate to the form.

NewForm(your_form_name);

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

What code have you used to submit this form?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Simply The
"SubmitForm()"

fuction

@Anonymous 

Thanks for response.  To answer your question: the form will submit with any values currently within the form at the time of submission.  When in NewForm mode any fields having Default values will be populated with those values and be included in the submit.

There is currently no way to bulk update the the Default property of a form.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mdevaneyYes all of my forms have the "DefaultMode" Set to new

Anonymous
Not applicable

does it change anything if the fields are set to required? 
the way I have it set up is there is 4 options

Yes

No

N/O

N/A

and if they don't choose anything it is set to N/A but its set as required in a sharepoint online list

@Anonymous 

Nope that's something different. 

You need to use this code to put the form in new mode.  Then the default values will appear.  I would typically put this in the OnVisible property of the screen or the OnSelect property of the button used to navigate to the form.

NewForm(your_form_name);

---

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mdevaney 
Good Morning!

So, I just finished implementing that and it doesn't seem to be working as setting the dafaults. I even set up a button to do

"NewForm()" on the same page for testing and its still not working. Any ideas?

Thanks again for all the help you've given me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,134)