cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
12Solutions

having 2 issues ,1 formula is not working ,2 fields are not visible on preview of power apps

Hi,

using sharpoint online
I have designed list to to use power app.
having 2 problems or issue.

1) as I view form in preview it doesnot show fields, which is available on design time
2) I want to show "applied date" fields when "applied for Drap" is selected from drop down  ( which is look up column ) else not, its giving me error

attached are images for reference

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@12Solutions,

Let's solve the problems one by one.

Q1: Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to make the SharePointIntegration display as a normal form or display a certain item?

A1:The form in PowerApps has its Edit mode by default, so if you do not have any records within your SP list, once you view the form in preview mode, it will show the "No item to display" message.

I assume that you want to create a new record, so you could add a "+" icon and set the OnSelect property as below:

NewForm(SharePointForm1)

Note: Please tab the "+" icon when you preview the form if you want to create a new record.

Q2: Do you want the "applied date" fields to appear when you select "applied for Drap" from a Lookup column?

A2: I found that the DataCardValue2 is a TextInput control which could not have a dropdown function, could you please check if you use another data card value to select the "applied for Drap"?

In my scenario, I have a Lookup column named "TestLookup" which is from a Text column in another SP list.

I have tested it in my scenario and I have the following formula that works great.

If(DataCardValue3.Selected.Value ="Card 1",true,false)

The Items property of my DataCardValue3 is set as below:

Choices([@TestBlank].TestLookup)

67.png

Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
poweractivate
Super User II
Super User II

@12Solutions 

@12Solutions wrote:

1) as I view form in preview it doesnot show fields, which is available on design time

1) For #1 Try seeing if populating the Item Property with something valid helps. Or to make it so you can create a new item, change DefaultMode property to FormMode.New and see if this helps instead.

----

@12Solutions wrote:

2) I want to show "applied date" fields when "applied for Drap" is selected from drop down  ( which is look up column ) else not, its giving me error

2) For #2 it is ambiguous what DataCardValue2 is exactly. If you are using a Combo box Control for DataCardValue2 you should really not use Selected, but SelectedItems instead, and to get just a single item use something like FIrst(SelectedItems).

If DataCardValue2 is not a ComboBox, but a Drop down Control then your syntax of  DataCardValue2.Selected.Value may appear correct on the surface but check this (and you may want to check on the following anyway regardless what kind of Control DataCardValue2 is):

• a) is DataCardValue2 even a valid identifier?
    • Does it even exist on the App anywhere?
  • b) is DataCardValue2 a sort of thing where just DataCardValue2.Selected by itself would even be valid?
    • You can check this by click-dragging in the formula bar and selecting only that part of the Formula text to check on it.
  • c) double check that the Record returned by DataCardValue2.Selected has a column 'Value'.
    • While usually it is correct to presume 'YourControl.Selected.Value' for Drop down, in some specific cases it might not be a valid column name - it depends on what kind of Record is specifically returned by DataCardValue2.Selected - double check on this.

See if above helps @12Solutions 

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@12Solutions,

Let's solve the problems one by one.

Q1: Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to make the SharePointIntegration display as a normal form or display a certain item?

A1:The form in PowerApps has its Edit mode by default, so if you do not have any records within your SP list, once you view the form in preview mode, it will show the "No item to display" message.

I assume that you want to create a new record, so you could add a "+" icon and set the OnSelect property as below:

NewForm(SharePointForm1)

Note: Please tab the "+" icon when you preview the form if you want to create a new record.

Q2: Do you want the "applied date" fields to appear when you select "applied for Drap" from a Lookup column?

A2: I found that the DataCardValue2 is a TextInput control which could not have a dropdown function, could you please check if you use another data card value to select the "applied for Drap"?

In my scenario, I have a Lookup column named "TestLookup" which is from a Text column in another SP list.

I have tested it in my scenario and I have the following formula that works great.

If(DataCardValue3.Selected.Value ="Card 1",true,false)

The Items property of my DataCardValue3 is set as below:

Choices([@TestBlank].TestLookup)

67.png

Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (70,911)