cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

help with CDS 2.0

I have an application that collects truck license plate numbers in my CDS 2.0 database, do I need to count the number of entries on the same license plate? I can not do it in any way

ejem.

1111abc

2222acc

3333ccc

1111abc

1111abc

1111abc = 3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: help with CDS 2.0

Hi @antonio_piernav ,

Did you mean that you want to count how many records have the same value in PowerApps? If so, you can use the GroupBy function to group your table by that variable, and then use the CountRows function to calculate the number of items on each group. You could first collect the data to a collection. 

For example, the collection is called 'coll', and the name of the column that has the sample data is 'Name', then the expression below will give you a table that has a column for the name and another with the count of items of that name.

AddColumns(
    GroupBy(coll, "Name", "ByName"),
    "Count",
    CountRows(ByName))

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Re: help with CDS 2.0

Hi @antonio_piernav ,

Did you mean that you want to count how many records have the same value in PowerApps? If so, you can use the GroupBy function to group your table by that variable, and then use the CountRows function to calculate the number of items on each group. You could first collect the data to a collection. 

For example, the collection is called 'coll', and the name of the column that has the sample data is 'Name', then the expression below will give you a table that has a column for the name and another with the count of items of that name.

AddColumns(
    GroupBy(coll, "Name", "ByName"),
    "Count",
    CountRows(ByName))

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,781)