Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how can I pass variables to the patch without problems

hi

i have problems to patch variables in my table

if I do this with a string this is not a problem

this is how i set my variables:

Set (product_beamer; ThisItem.'product ') ;; Set (nmbcode_beamer; ThisItem.'nmbs code') ;; Set (brand_beamer; ThisItem.brand) ;; Set (size_beamer; ThisItem.size)

picture

Knipsel.PNG

but if I execute the patch on a button, for example
this does not work with the variables but with string like this:

Patch (beamer; Defaults (loan beamer); {product: "string"}; {'nmbs code': "string"}; {brand: "string"}; {size: "string"})
it works

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Remove the many Curry brackets {} as I did in my last reply.

Also ensure you select the variable formula first before you select the patch button.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
eka24
Super User
Super User

Try

Patch (beamer; Defaults (loan beamer); {product: "string"; 'nmbs code': "string"; brand: "string"; size: "string"})

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

this i have done but my question is how can i do that with the variables i set like this:

Set (product_beamer; ThisItem.'product ') ;; Set (nmbcode_beamer; ThisItem.'nmbs code') ;; Set (brand_beamer; ThisItem.brand) ;; Set (size_beamer; ThisItem.size)

then I pass those variables to my patch like this:
Patch (lending beamer; Defaults (lending beamer); {product: product_beamer}; {'nmbs code': nmbcode_beamer}; {brand: brand_beamer}; {size: size_beamer})

with the variables this does not work why and how do I solve this ??

Remove the many Curry brackets {} as I did in my last reply.

Also ensure you select the variable formula first before you select the patch button.

------------

Anonymous
Not applicable

like this it works

:

Patch (uitleenbeamer; Defaults (uitleenbeamer); {product: "string"; 'nmbs code': "string"; merk:"string"; groote: "string"})

but lik this not :

Patch (uitleenbeamer; Defaults (uitleenbeamer); {product: product_beamer; 'nmbs code': nmbscode_beamer; merk:merk_beamer; groote: groote_beamer})

the error =

the requested operation is not a valid server response
uitleenbeamer
failed
a value must be specified for this item.
Anonymous
Not applicable

i had not selected the formula before i did the patch thank you for the help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,688)