cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anthjanz
Helper II
Helper II

how do i extract an inputted email address to then email to this email address in powerapps?

Hi, I am in need of a way to extract a user inputted email address to then email a powerapps form content to. It seems you can't just call the field into the 'SendEmailV2' function. Has anyone come across this before? any help would be much appreciated Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anthjanz
Helper II
Helper II

thanks Eddie and Gab, did the trick!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
EddieE
Super User
Super User

@anthjanz 

Post the code you've tried. We cannot help if we can't see any code.

Also, you can reference a Text type data field in the SendEmailV2 function so is your field of type Text or are you trying to reference a different field type?

anthjanz
Helper II
Helper II

Hi Eddie,

in the 'OnSelect' of the powerapp form I have...
SubmitForm(Form1);Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2("xxxxxx.Anthony@xxxxxx.qld.gov.au", "Authorising Officer Email address_DataCard1","Req Copy of Contact Information from Policelink",HtmlText5.HtmlText);
I think its a text type field. 
Just trying to retrieve a typed in email to then send a copy of the powerapp submmission to the inputted email.

@anthjanz 

Seems you are trying to send an Email to 2 email addresses, is that correct? If so, try this

SubmitForm(Form1);

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(
   "xxxxxx.Anthony@xxxxxx.qld.gov.au" & ";" & 'Authorising Officer Email address_DataCard1'.Text,
   "Req Copy of Contact Information from Policelink",
   HtmlText5.HtmlText
);

@anthjanz ,

please refer to the text property of the input text control:

Authorising Officer Email address_DataCard1.Text

Also you need to refer to a property in case of the ”Req Copy of Contact Information from Policelink" control.

Hope it helps !

anthjanz
Helper II
Helper II

Doesn't like the .Text , I get an error message "Name isn't valid, 'Text; isn't recognized.
the field it's supposed to be getting the email address from is just a 'simple line of text' field

@anthjanz 

Can you supply a screenshot of the Datacard field name?

anthjanz
Helper II
Helper II

thanks Eddie and Gab, did the trick!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,400)