cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anthjanz
Helper II
Helper II

how do i extract an inputted email address to then email to this email address in powerapps?

Hi, I am in need of a way to extract a user inputted email address to then email a powerapps form content to. It seems you can't just call the field into the 'SendEmailV2' function. Has anyone come across this before? any help would be much appreciated Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anthjanz
Helper II
Helper II

thanks Eddie and Gab, did the trick!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
EddieE
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@anthjanz 

Post the code you've tried. We cannot help if we can't see any code.

Also, you can reference a Text type data field in the SendEmailV2 function so is your field of type Text or are you trying to reference a different field type?

anthjanz
Helper II
Helper II

Hi Eddie,

in the 'OnSelect' of the powerapp form I have...
SubmitForm(Form1);Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2("xxxxxx.Anthony@xxxxxx.qld.gov.au", "Authorising Officer Email address_DataCard1","Req Copy of Contact Information from Policelink",HtmlText5.HtmlText);
I think its a text type field. 
Just trying to retrieve a typed in email to then send a copy of the powerapp submmission to the inputted email.

@anthjanz 

Seems you are trying to send an Email to 2 email addresses, is that correct? If so, try this

SubmitForm(Form1);

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(
   "xxxxxx.Anthony@xxxxxx.qld.gov.au" & ";" & 'Authorising Officer Email address_DataCard1'.Text,
   "Req Copy of Contact Information from Policelink",
   HtmlText5.HtmlText
);

@anthjanz ,

please refer to the text property of the input text control:

Authorising Officer Email address_DataCard1.Text

Also you need to refer to a property in case of the ”Req Copy of Contact Information from Policelink" control.

Hope it helps !

anthjanz
Helper II
Helper II

Doesn't like the .Text , I get an error message "Name isn't valid, 'Text; isn't recognized.
the field it's supposed to be getting the email address from is just a 'simple line of text' field

@anthjanz 

Can you supply a screenshot of the Datacard field name?

anthjanz
Helper II
Helper II

thanks Eddie and Gab, did the trick!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,827)