cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to Create an App using an android third party SDK

We have an scenario where we have to create a canvas app / portal and a requisite from the client about the using of a third party sdk for android from enterprise called veridas. We are trying to demonstrate through a poc if it is possible to communicate an android app and the power apps app. But i have the doubt if it is possible to encapsulate the sdk into a component and reuse it into the power app.

thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

I'm not aware of a way to incorporate a foreign code library/SDK into the code base of a Power App. However, if it will work for your solution, you might use an architecture like this to achieve your results:

1. Build a standalone Azure app using the Veridas SDK in Javascript or C# that exposes an API
  2. Build a custom connector to communicate with the API (or use the HTTP connector)
  3. Use the custom connector with your Power App to perform API calls

All of this depends on how the Veridas software works, which I know nothing about. If it does not allow any sort of API access, then you are unlikely to get a Power App to communicate with it.

Hope that helps,

Bryan

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,638)