cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahockaday
Level: Powered On

how to Link directly to the item on the Detail Screen based on the ID in the URL

I built a PowerApp that pulls in it information from a SharePoint list and I have been trying to get it configured so when the workflow sends the Approver an email with a link to the Item to the Approve like so - https://web.powerapps.com/apps/MyAppID?ID=26, they can click on that and it take them directly to the Detail Screen for that Particular item.

I have a formula and have been trying to get this to work and it does take me to the Detail Screen for the ID passed in the URL string but it does not display the content associated with the ID - only the ID number (Capture1). If I click on the item from the Browse Screen it takes me to the correct item and all the information for that ID is populated correctly (Capture 2). I just can;t figure out why it is not populating when using the URL. 

Right now this is what I have:

1. the the OnStart for the BrowseScreen1 I have the following formula:

If(Not(IsBlank(Param("ID"))),
Set(CurrentItem, LookUp('Request Production Change'.ID, ID = Value(Param("ID"))));
Navigate(DetailScreen1, None))

2. And on the OnSelect for the BrowseGallery1 I have:

Set(CurrentItem, ThisItem); Navigate(DetailScreen1, None)

3. On the DetailForm1 Item field I have: 

CurrentItem

Can you tell me how best to achieve this please? I feel I am close and I am sure it is something minor I am missing.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
KOM_4410
Level 8

Re: how to Link directly to the item on the Detail Screen based on the ID in the URL

I would take out the ID after 'request production change' in your LookUp, so it brings the entire record and not only the ID

Set(CurrentItem, LookUp('Request Production Change'.ID, ID = Value(Param("ID"))));

View solution in original post

ChrisR
Level 8

Re: how to Link directly to the item on the Detail Screen based on the ID in the URL

Try removing the .ID from the data source.

Set(CurrentItem, LookUp('Request Production Change', ID = Value(Param("ID"))));

Hope that's the issue and not a typo.

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
KOM_4410
Level 8

I would take out the ID after 'request production change' in your LookUp, so it brings the entire record and not only the ID

ChrisR
Level 8

Try removing the .ID from the data source.

Set(CurrentItem, LookUp('Request Production Change', ID = Value(Param("ID"))));

Hope that's the issue and not a typo.

Chris

ahockaday

thanks. That did the trick.

AishaSaleem

Hi @ahockaday . I'm trying to do something similar for one of my apps but it won't work. I'm trying to configure an approval flow that emails the approver, a link to the detailed screen for the item the approval is required for. This is what I've done in my app:

Link to the item in powerapps (as I've mentioned in Flow):

https://apps.powerapps.com/play/274b371f-1e90-4c16-b6a7-b33865tyb081?tenantId=63982aff-fb6c-4c22-973...

App ---> OnStart:

If(Not(IsBlank(Param("itemid"))),
Set(CurrentItem, LookUp('MyList', ID = Value(Param("itemid"))));

BrowseGallery ---> OnSelect:

Set(CurrentItem, ThisItem); Navigate(DetailScreen1, None)

DetailForm1 ---> Item:

CurrentItem

Can you please help me find where am I going wrong in this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,994)