cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbsin
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

how to allow only specific User to view when log in?

Hi

I have 2 screen A and B, how to only allow Screen A to be see and use by Staff 1,2 , 3 and Screen B by Staff 4; they shld not be able to see other screen

should I also screen a screen to as below for them to click?  if so, how to set the button so that the right user click the right button.

What is this call??   thanks

1.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
EricaBao
Community Support
Community Support

You can use the User function (https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-user/) or the office 365 connector (https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/connection-office365-outlook/) to find out who the user is and navigate to a particular screen based on the user.

For example, 

If(User().Email = "user@domain.com", navigate (screen1), navigate(screen2))

View solution in original post

Hi @bbsin ,

If you have a lot of users, and you want them to see different screens based on their function or type. You can set up a user list and assign each user to a specific group. But if you only have several users, then you can refer to @EricaBao 's formula (small change):

If(User().Email = "user1@domain.com" || User().Email = "user2@domain.com" || User().Email = "user3@domain.com", navigate (screen1), navigate(screen2))

Then in your Power Apps, you can have a common welcome screen, but after the welcome screen you set up screen A for a group of people, and set up screen B for another group of people.

The judgement is based on the group the user belongs to, and the method is similar to @EricaBao 's solution, you add an If function before the navigation.

Another solution would be: You can simply use "Visible" function to only show some buttons for a specific group of people so that they can navigate, but not to other groups. Hope this helps.

4 REPLIES 4
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@bbsin 

I am not sure if this is the best approach or no but i believe in your case you need to have different apps and share App 1 with user 1,2,3 and App2 with user 4

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
EricaBao
Community Support
Community Support

You can use the User function (https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-user/) or the office 365 connector (https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/connection-office365-outlook/) to find out who the user is and navigate to a particular screen based on the user.

For example, 

If(User().Email = "user@domain.com", navigate (screen1), navigate(screen2))

Hi @bbsin ,

If you have a lot of users, and you want them to see different screens based on their function or type. You can set up a user list and assign each user to a specific group. But if you only have several users, then you can refer to @EricaBao 's formula (small change):

If(User().Email = "user1@domain.com" || User().Email = "user2@domain.com" || User().Email = "user3@domain.com", navigate (screen1), navigate(screen2))

Then in your Power Apps, you can have a common welcome screen, but after the welcome screen you set up screen A for a group of people, and set up screen B for another group of people.

The judgement is based on the group the user belongs to, and the method is similar to @EricaBao 's solution, you add an If function before the navigation.

Another solution would be: You can simply use "Visible" function to only show some buttons for a specific group of people so that they can navigate, but not to other groups. Hope this helps.

bbsin
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Thanks I will l try

One question, how to gray out the other icon that does not belong to the user? 

look like it's disable so that they cannot click? When they point to the right icon ?

Thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,415)