cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbsin
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

how to auto populate the data to show on the datacardvalue?

hi

what command to put to auto populate the text from SharePoint List to show on my Form File and view only.

view.JPG

Tks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nigel_s
Advocate I
Advocate I

Go to the Advanced properties of the Data Card, click More Options in the Data section and set the Default property to the name of the field you want to show. It will be ThisItem.yourfield.

DataCardDefault.jpg

Then click on the control itself, inside the Datacard, if it's a text field, set it's Text property to Parent.Default.

The control's parent is the Datacard, the default of the data card is yourfield and so the textbox will show the value you want.

This assumes that the Form you are looking at has it's DataSource and Item set correctly.

FormDataSource.jpg

If this solves your problem, please mark it as the accepted solution.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
nigel_s
Advocate I
Advocate I

Go to the Advanced properties of the Data Card, click More Options in the Data section and set the Default property to the name of the field you want to show. It will be ThisItem.yourfield.

DataCardDefault.jpg

Then click on the control itself, inside the Datacard, if it's a text field, set it's Text property to Parent.Default.

The control's parent is the Datacard, the default of the data card is yourfield and so the textbox will show the value you want.

This assumes that the Form you are looking at has it's DataSource and Item set correctly.

FormDataSource.jpg

If this solves your problem, please mark it as the accepted solution.

hi 

Thanks , all you mentioned I had it , but the form title didn't auto show the title from the data source.

Is it because I have two Title in the source?

Here's mine..

1) How to not let the user see the Edit Screen

2) Item 4 Form -  Title field did not auto pick up the title ?  Is it possible when the user select from the Gallery 1 , one of the event, it will auto show that selected Title?  

3)  Upon Complete the Form (4), there's a button to submit, how to have the success message pop up and submit and clear into a new form?

Thanks.

Title.JPG

You need to give more information about your data source. Can you explain "two Title in my source"? You can use scoping if you are referencing two tables with the same field.

'Mytable'[@Title]

'AnotherTable'[@Title]

Also modify your picture I can't read it. Include it as Medium or Large.

Hi @bbsin ,

Could you please share a bit more about the Form within your EditScreen1? Do you use it to edit record from your data source?

Could you please show more details about the Edit form in Form screen? Do you use it to add a new entry?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue is related to DefaultMode property of the Edit form in your Form screen (Item4).

If you want to reference the Column value from your data source through ThisItem operator within your Edit form, please make sure the DefaultMode property of the Edit form is set to following:

FormMode.Edit

and the Item property of the Edit form has been bind to specific record in your data source.

If you want to reference column value from your data source within your Edit form which is in New Mode, I think the ThisItem operator could not achieve your needs. Instead, I think the LookUp formula could achieve your needs. Please consider set the Default property of the Title Text Box to following:

LookUp('Your Data Source', PrimaryColumn = "Specific valaue").'Event Title'

In addition, if you want to add a new entry based on the selected item (existing record) in your Gallery, please consider set the Default property of the Title Text Box to following:

BrowseGallery1.Selected.'Event Title'

If you do not want the users to see the Edit screen, you should prevent the users from navigating to the Edit screen in your canvas app. In other words, do not specify the following Navigation formula in your app:

Navigate(EditScreen1)

You could also consider set the Visible property of the Edit form in EditScreen1 to false.

For your third question, do you want to navigate to your Success screen once you submit your Form (4). I think the OnSuccess property of the Edit form (Form 4) could achieve your needs.

Please set the OnSuccess property of the Edit form (Form 4) to following:

Navigate(Success)    // Navigate to your Success screen, where you display the success message

Within your Success screen, add a Timer control, set the Duration property to following:

set the AutoStart property to following:

true

set the OnTimerEnd property to following:

Navigate(Form);   // Navigate back to your Form Screen
NewForm(Form_4)   // convert your Form (4) into New Form. Please replace Form_4 with actual Edit form name in your Form screen

set the Visible property of this Timer to following:

false

Note: The Timer control would be fired when you navigate to this Success screen, and would navigate back to Form screen automatically after 3 seconds

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
bbsin
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,341)