cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to check all required fields are filled out with different screens of different sharepoint lists

I have multiple different screens that I'd like to check that all of the forms from the different screens are filled out with the required fields before I submit them.

The columns are set as required within each SharePoint list.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Anonymous 

Understood 🙂

Put this code in the DisplayMode property of your submit button.  Replace the DataCardValue_Field references with your own names.  Add as many fields as you like

If(
    !IsBlank(DataCardValue_Field1.Text)
    And !IsBlank(DataCardValue_Field2.Text)
    And !IsBlank(DataCardValue_Field3.Text),
    DisplayMode.Edit,
    DisplayMode.View
)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Select each datacard (not datacardvalue) and set its Required Property to true

mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@Anonymous 

For any field that must be filled out before the form is submitted go to the Card holding it and change the Required property to this code

true

When you use the SubmitForm function to submit the form it won't go-ahead unless all fields with Required=true are completed.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I understand this part. The issue I'm having is I want to check all of the forms before submitting because they depend on each other and should all only submit if they are all correct. So, I need an alternative way in case one isn't finished so the rest don't submit.

@mdevaney 

@Anonymous 

Understood 🙂

Put this code in the DisplayMode property of your submit button.  Replace the DataCardValue_Field references with your own names.  Add as many fields as you like

If(
    !IsBlank(DataCardValue_Field1.Text)
    And !IsBlank(DataCardValue_Field2.Text)
    And !IsBlank(DataCardValue_Field3.Text),
    DisplayMode.Edit,
    DisplayMode.View
)

---

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, that's What I feared I'd have to do haha. thanks for at least confirming my sadness with doing this with dozens of controls.

@mdevaney 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (98,321)