cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

how to connect more than one SharePoint list in a power apps?

Hi everyone,

I want to connect more than one SharePoint list in one Apps. but I can't add the 2th SharePoint list as I clicked on data source on a  a new gallery. only one SharePoint connection are there. I can't find a + icon to add the 2th one. why? I hold office365 E3 license, is this the reason for that?

I ever saw some power apps video for study, which showed there was a "+" icon that could be used to add another table. why I can't find it in my power apps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Hi v-Jefferni

You answer give me a big help. thank you very much!

I finally solved this problem according to your guide. something is different, I think, caused by version evolution.

after I clicked datasource icon, then going to show a menu with 3 layer , the last one is connector.  I found sharepoint connector here, then add another table successfully.   

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Kaiser ,

Would you like to add another SP list as data source? With the help of the SP connection you have found there, you could connect to other lists in the same tenant.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/connections/connection-sharepoint-onlin...

Below screenshot is about the steps of add another list:

82.png

Then you could see sites in the tenant on the right hand pane, select the one which includes the list you would like to connect to:

83.png

After select the site, all lists and folders will list there for you to choose and connect to.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Frequent Visitor

Hi v-Jefferni

You answer give me a big help. thank you very much!

I finally solved this problem according to your guide. something is different, I think, caused by version evolution.

after I clicked datasource icon, then going to show a menu with 3 layer , the last one is connector.  I found sharepoint connector here, then add another table successfully.   

View solution in original post

Hi @Kaiser ,

I don't think it's about versions, but the point is each time one would like to connect to a new data table, using connector to create a connection is necessary. This means if you would like to connect to another SP list as data source, you will need to select the SP connector and create a new connection with the SP list you want.

Please refer to the doc talking about connections:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/connections-list

Anyways, it's nice to hear you have found the solution.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (76,698)