cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmitLoh-Powerap
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

how to export data from powerapps to excel(by user)

how to export data from powerapps to excel(by user), I know there is CDM table export but I do not want user to see entire CDM table.

I need a functionality in powerapps that exports current screen set data to excel, pdf, word etc.

46 REPLIES 46

For contains (assuming you mean searching for a sub-string) you can use the in or exactin operators as described here:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/operators/

For the email error from OneDrive for Business, frankly I am not sure.  It worked ok for me from SharePoint, I will experiment with OneDrive for Business as soon as I have some time.

Meneghino
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ok, one possible work-around is to have a second flow being triggered by a new file being created in One Drive for Business, that can then be sent by email.  It is not ideal but should work.  If you don't want to send all files that are created in a particular directory/folder then you can have an if statement to check if the name of the file matches your standard name.

thanks. I did a workaround.

I actually need google type search, for example if there is a column called product description and I have 5k records and if I type

sample in search it should return Proddescrioption contains sample  all records and may be I can add another or Productname contains sample.

filter(Proddescrioption contains 'sample' or productname contains 'sample)

Yes, you need to search the sub-string 'sample' in Proddescription, hence you need this:

Filter(MyDataSource, "sample" in proddescription || "sample" in productname)

If you need to match the case then use exactin instead of in.

You can use a context variable or the text of a text input instead of "sample' above.

I tested OneDrive for Business and it works fine.  Can you please show the settings of the 'Send an email' flow box?

The workaround when file is added is working but I actually need it on ask powerapp flow.

getting Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Send_an_email' inputs at line '1' and column '1509': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_office365']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_office365' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_onedriveforbusiness'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

flowcalling3.png

flowcalling7.png

Try just writing test.csv by hand instead of DisplayName in the Attachments Name box.

If this doesn't work, try to leave empty the Attachments Name and Attachments Content boxes and see if you get an email.  Maybe the issue is with other settings.

I tried simple email without attachment and it has same issue, do you want me to recreate flow?

Here is the simplest test with One Drive for Business, and it worked just now.  See if it works for you.  You need the mobile Flow app to trigger the button, I think. (At least I could not find how to trigger it from the web interface)

000.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,779)