cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gaba94
Frequent Visitor

how to link the RADIO button with the image

Hello guys, i have a problem to link the radio button with the image. Actually, i want to create a voting apps. You can refer to the picture below:

2.jpg

What am i going to create is a voting apps. As you can see at the (page 1) is a home page for the apps. When the user click (start vote) then the user will go to the second page which is the (nominees list for employee of the month). As u can see there is a PICTURE and also a RADIO BUTTON. You need to click the (RADIO BUTON) of any nominees that you choose then click (SUBMIT BUTTON) to submit the data. When the process is successfull then you will navigate to (PAGE 4). The JUSTIFICATION (page 3) will appear if you click at the picture. for example: you click on ALI picture(page 2) then you will navigate to (page 3) which is the JUSTIFICATION. 

Problems

• I dont know how to link the RADIO BUTTON with the PICTURE(you can refer to page 2).

*For example: if you want to votes for ALI then you need to click on (ALI radio button) then click (SUBMIT BUTTON) to submit the data and then you will navigate to page 4 which means you have done the votes.

Here I want to know, how to link the picture with radio image and have value to save in excel database. Should I used form screen to do this ? or is there other ways that I can use ?

Thank you,

gaba

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: how to link the RADIO button with the image

Hello gaba94,

I would suggest to have the images in a collection and display them on a gallery. 
That way you can use on Page 3, GalleryImages.Selected.Image in order to be clear which person the user voted.
If you like to have the radio experience for the user you can have one grey and one blue circle inside the gallery and make the blue circle visible when the user selects the person he wants to vote.
BlueCircle.Visible= ThisItem.IsSelected

If you want to continue as it is now, you can have an If statement:
If(!IsBlank(RadioALI.Selected.Value) , Display ALI image, !IsBlank(RadioALEx.Selected.Value), Display ALEX image ........

But I think you have different radios for every person. So you need to have only one radio selected.
This can be done by variable on the reset property of the radio that you set on the OnSelect property of the other radios but it is complicated without reason. 

I think it's better to use a gallery if possible. I know that I am not very clear but I don't know how you structure the data in your app. Let me know if I can help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,965)