cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoterDrache92
Advocate III
Advocate III

how to migrate the CDS lookup column to another environment ?

I would like to migrate my CDS data look up column from a CDS default environment to the same CDS production environment. Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RoterDrache92 :

Could you tell me what the relationship is beteween the two entities?One-to-many?Or many-to-many?

Do you want to migrate data between two environments?

I assume the realtionship is One-to-many

You can migrate data between Common Data Service environments using the dataflows OData connector.

In addition,One-to-many relationships will require separate dataflows for each entity. Configure and run the parent (aka one, or independently) entity dataflow before the child entity.

Best Regards,

Bof

timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @RoterDrache92 

Could you confirm what it is you want to migrate? Is the schema/definition of your lookup column, the data in your lookup column, or both?

JimMeldrum1
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @timl @v-bofeng-msft I have the same need and have been struggling to migrate data with lookup fields between environments on the same tenant. I posted the issue here but despite a lot of views no replies.

If either of you guys can offer any pointers I'd be eternally grateful. Cheers, Jim

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (43,032)