cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AppDeveloper
Helper III
Helper III

how to sync one column of excel Sheet with SharePoint list?

Hi 

My Excel Sheet contains formulas and PowerApps doesn't support it as data source. I need to pull data of one column from the sheet which is a simple text field. I think if I sync it (one column) with SharePoint list and then pull this from List into my PowerApp, this will be enough for me as I don't want to make any change in this columns through my App. Someone will be making changes in excel column manually. 

How can I achieve this? OR any other solution where I just need to fetch up to date values of this columns and search other records based on this information.

Kind Regards

6 REPLIES 6
StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @AppDeveloper 

The best option is to create Automated flow/Power Automate

Trigger: When the item is added or updated in the excel sheet

Action: Add/Update to Sharepoint list

StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @AppDeveloper 

I was checking my previous post and wondering you mentioned we can't connect to Excel. We can connect excel from PowerApps.

Here is the example, I have excel online which is a document stored on one drive. We can connect excel using OneDrive for business.

StalinPonnusamy_0-1633660962016.png

StalinPonnusamy_1-1633660998668.png

Hi @StalinPonnusamy 

Thanks for your reply. yeah but if the excel sheet has formulas PowerAppps through an error and don't accept it as source. However, I would go for the other option which you suggested of running a Flow.

Regards

Hi @StalinPonnusamy 

can we choose few columns only rather linking whole sheet with SharePoint list? For example if I am interested on JobTitle and Date of Interview can I just link these 2 columns and can flow watch only changes in these two columns? and populate SharePoint List?

Thanks

StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @AppDeveloper 

There is no OOB way to find only the fields modified. And no way to connect only a few columns. It always considers as a whole list.

As a workaround, We can have another field in Sharepoint called "IsUpdated". From the Powerapps, wherever those fields are updated and we can set the flag. On PowerApps, we can trigger when this field is True. This is not a perfect solution but a workaround.

StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @AppDeveloper 

Please let us know if anything needs on your post. We can help with this.

Please do not forget to give kudos if you find the suggestion helpful or Accept it as a solution if works fine to help other users to find it useful.

Thanks,
Stalin - Learn To Illuminate

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,584)