cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gwenda
Regular Visitor

how to update sharepoint list when Form is updated

I created a Form....asking simple questions like name, school, and yes/no questions.

I then created a list in SharePoint so users could see a live update.

Later, I was asked to add a question to the Form.

Now, I can't get the data in that added question to show up on the List.

I did add the item in the flow. I can see the correct columns and data in the OneDrive/excel sheet.

What am I missing? Please help. I am very new to all of this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwenda
Regular Visitor

figured it out!!! I had to edit column settings -- checked the box for it to show. I was also able to edit the display for the column headings. Thanks for your help guys.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gwenda,

Could you please tell me that what kind of form you fill, is it a Power Apps Edit Form or a MS form?

Do you mean that SP list does not reflect the updates corresponding to the new field that you add to?

Actually, SP list is a database displaying all the fields it owns, the new added question is added to the Form not the SharePoint list. The excel sheet could be synchronized with the form updates including all the field you add to the form but SharePoint could not, that's why you could view it on Excel sheet.

Best Regards,
Qi

It a MS Form. and yes....the SP list does not reflect the added field.

I added the question to the Form. The info is showing on the Excel sheet correctly.

Is it true that SharePoint list cannot accept the updated Form/Excel sheet data?

@gwenda Power Automate doesn't dynamically update the columns in the SharePoint action. So if you add a column to a SharePoint list and have your flow open in Edit mode, you need to close Power Automate and go back into it and open the flow again. It will re-query the SharePointlist and show the new column.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

@RobElliott I was able to add the last dynamic (does your child...) in the flow.

CREATEITEM.JPG

It shows on the Excel sheet. 

EXCELCOLUMNHEADINGS.JPG

 Does not show on the SP List.

COLUMNHEADINGS.JPG

I have also tried the suggestions above...I am still hung up.

gwenda
Regular Visitor

figured it out!!! I had to edit column settings -- checked the box for it to show. I was also able to edit the display for the column headings. Thanks for your help guys.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,949)