cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanrajbhar
Helper I
Helper I

how to use ComboBox in place of TextBox within a form.

Any clues how to use ComboBox (MultiSelect custom values) to work with SubmitForm. also multi-select value should append in darasource(sql-server)  with "\" slash seperated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @sanrajbhar,

When I want to do this, I insert a ComboBox on the screen independently from the form. I then set the Form field default value to the value selected in the ComboBox. You need to unlock the label field advanced properties to do this.

I put the ComboxBox over the label field, and set Visible property of the Form label field to false (but not the other elements of the data card).

The user chooses a value in the ComboBox, and the form automatically updates to this value. The user has the illusion the ComboBox is part of the form, but it is not.

Hope this helps,

Frédéric

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @sanrajbhar,

When I want to do this, I insert a ComboBox on the screen independently from the form. I then set the Form field default value to the value selected in the ComboBox. You need to unlock the label field advanced properties to do this.

I put the ComboxBox over the label field, and set Visible property of the Form label field to false (but not the other elements of the data card).

The user chooses a value in the ComboBox, and the form automatically updates to this value. The user has the illusion the ComboBox is part of the form, but it is not.

Hope this helps,

Frédéric

View solution in original post

bdodu
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Place the combobox within a datacard and then on the Update property of the datacard write:

Update = Concat(ComboBox1.SelectedItems,<column_for_values>,"\")

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (39,450)