cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oeskandarian
Frequent Visitor

ht Opening MS Teams from Employee Directory

Hi,

I'm working on an Employee directory; everything works fine except for one thing. I want to be able to open MS Teams chat when I click on the chat icon. I use Launch("msteams://"), and when I click on the icon (Chat Icon), MS teams open with whoever I chatted recently. I want to open the user that I search in the Employee Directory. Please see the attached. Right now, the email icon works the way I wanted to be. When I click on the "Envelope" icon, Outlook opens with whoever I search in the Employee Directory. I'm using this formula: Launch("mailto:"&First(EmployeeProfile).Mail)

I'm hoping maybe there is a formula for MS Teams that has the same behavior. 

Thank you,

Oshin, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Oeskandarian ,

Please try this:

Launch("msteams://teams.microsoft.com/l/chat/0/0?users="& ThisItem.Email )

Hope this helps.
Sik

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Oeskandarian ,

Please try this:

Launch("msteams://teams.microsoft.com/l/chat/0/0?users="& ThisItem.Email )

Hope this helps.
Sik

Thanks for the reply. I try and got an error message under Action > OnSelect (please see the attached)

It reads Name isn't valid. This identifier isn't recognized (under ThisItem.Email)

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Oeskandarian ,

Ok, I thought the icon was located in the EditForm. 

The correct pattern to launch Team resembles as follows:

Launch("msteams://teams.microsoft.com/l/chat/0/0?users=user@domain.com")

You just need to modify the user's email to fit your scenario. It seems User's Email is shown in a Label, so try this:

Launch("msteams://teams.microsoft.com/l/chat/0/0?users=" & EmailLabel.Text)

Sik

Thanks for the reply.
Here's how I get the information for the IM label:
Under the Advanced > Test> First(EmployeeProfile).Mail
I feel like I didn't give you enough information. Please see the attached screenshots from both Textbox & Message Icon. I think the way I'm displaying the user's email address doesn't work with the suggested pattern. I can change how I get the information for the IM textBox. I appreciate your help. I have another attachment from email icon; that one works fine( when I click on the email icon, Outlook opens with the user email already filed). I was hoping If I could copied the same function, but it didn't work for Teams. your function/pattern work if I remove &EmailLabel.Text. it opens Teams but whoever I chatted last not that specific user I search in the app.

Employee Directory - IM Box.jpg

Employee Directory -Icon.jpg

Employee Directory - Email Icon.jpg

  

Hi @Oeskandarian ,

Launch("msteams://teams.microsoft.com/l/chat/0/0?users=" & First(EmployeeProfile).Mail)

For more details: Generating a deep link to a chat 

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (1,888)