cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

iPad Power App - Value must be at most 17 Characters in length

I have built a simple PowerApp using SQL Server database.  The app works well with my Android mobile phone but gives the following error message on my iPad:

PowerAppError.jpeg

After some searches, I was made to understand the problem is in the database.  This made sense as the field Timestamp is the one which is giving an error.  If I remove some characters from this field in the app, the App will work.  However the timestamp is wrong as it is trimmed.  This does not happen with the same App using my Android phone.

The field Timestamp in the SQL database was initially nvarchar (17).  I then changed it to nvarchar (100) and still this is not working for the iPad and still get the same error despite refreshing the database in SQL Server and PowerApps.

Please assist,

Regards,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: iPad Power App - Value must be at most 17 Characters in length

@Crimbo 

Could you please try creating a copy of the application and then remove the SQL DB connection from app data sources and re-add it again.

This might help in resolution of the issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

@Crimbo 

Could you please try creating a copy of the application and then remove the SQL DB connection from app data sources and re-add it again.

This might help in resolution of the issue.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Many thanks for your assistance, most appreciated.

Best regards,

Chris

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,001)