cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt383
Helper V
Helper V

icon visible only

i have a submit icon, i only want to be visible when 3 dropdown fields have been selected. I thought this might work but as soon as one dropdown is selected, the icon appears. Only want icon to appear when all 3 fields have a selection.

If(Employee_ED.Selected.Value=""&&Site_ED.Selected.Value=""&&Customer_ED.Selected.Value="",false,true)

tried this, no errors but no response

If(Employee_ED.Selected.Value&&Site_ED.Selected.Value&&Customer_ED.Selected.Value="",false,true)

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

@Matt383 

!IsBlank(Employee_ED.Selected.Value)&&
!IsBlank(Site_ED.Selected.Value)&&
!IsBlank(Customer_ED.Selected.Value)

No need for an If() function, !IsBlank(somevalue) reduces to either true or false.  All three must be true for the statement to be interpreted as true for the Visible property of your icon.

View solution in original post

Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

@Matt383 

You have a knack for making things more complicated than they need to be. OR(IsBlank(Employee_ED.Selected.Value),
IsBlank(Site_ED.Selected.Value),
IsBlank(Customer_ED.Selected.Value)) should do it.

4 REPLIES 4
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

@Matt383 

!IsBlank(Employee_ED.Selected.Value)&&
!IsBlank(Site_ED.Selected.Value)&&
!IsBlank(Customer_ED.Selected.Value)

No need for an If() function, !IsBlank(somevalue) reduces to either true or false.  All three must be true for the statement to be interpreted as true for the Visible property of your icon.

Thanks, that works perfectly. One more question, I have a label on there "These fields must be completed" I need the label to stay on there and disappear once the 3 have been selected. I thought i could just add Not but when one of the required fields is selected, the label disappears. I need it to disappear only after all 3 have been selected, opposite to the icon. This is what i tried
!Not(IsBlank(Employee_ED.Selected.Value)&&
!Not(IsBlank(Site_ED.Selected.Value)&&
!Not(IsBlank(Customer_ED.Selected.Value))))

Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

@Matt383 

You have a knack for making things more complicated than they need to be. OR(IsBlank(Employee_ED.Selected.Value),
IsBlank(Site_ED.Selected.Value),
IsBlank(Customer_ED.Selected.Value)) should do it.

Cheers mate, less is more 😉 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,288)