Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phh
Helper IV
Helper IV

if function in required?

Hi,
I do not quite know how to make this one work. I want it to be "true" when "Regnskabskunde" has been selected in this field. Are there any who can help with that?

See Pictures 

Regards PHH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @phh 

Just to confirm, you would like the field to be required when a user selects the "Regnskabskunde" radio option? image.png

If so, you would use the following (and replace Radio1 with the name of your actual control)

Radio1.Selected.Value = "Regnskabskunde"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @phh 

If you set the required property to the following, the field will be required when the value of Kundetype is "Regnskabskunde"

ThisItem.Kundetype.Value = "Regnskabskunde"

It would probably be best for you to reference the control on your form that relates to Kundetype rather than ThisItem.Kundetype.Value, because the latter will remain constant and refer to the initial value, and the user will not be able to change this.

Hi again @timl,

Can you show me how I do that? I want that when an "Regnskabskunde" has been chosen that it then becomes true.

-PHH

timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @phh 

Just to confirm, you would like the field to be required when a user selects the "Regnskabskunde" radio option? image.png

If so, you would use the following (and replace Radio1 with the name of your actual control)

Radio1.Selected.Value = "Regnskabskunde"

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,795)