Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neill_long
Helper III
Helper III

image gallery not displaying for other users

I have created an image bank, it displays and works perfectly for me:

correct view.jpg

However, when my colleagues log in and try to use it, they can't see any images and the search function doesn't return any results.

The PowerApp is shared with everyone, they can access it but cant see the gallery.

The images are saved in a document library in my SharePoint Online page.  As far as i can see that too has been shared with everyone.

Has anyone experienced a similar error or can you suggest what i can do to try and fix this as i am dont understand why this is happening.

thanks

Alistair

4 REPLIES 4
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @neill_long,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

I have found that you posted related issue within this forum before, please check the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Filter-Search-function-help/m-p/129838#M45300

Thanks for your feedback, I have made a test, the issue is confirmed on my side.

The other account (Other colleagues in my Organization) has full permission to access my Images SP library, and they could access other fields in my SP library (e.g. Tags field) except the Image link field ('{Link}').

Even though, I assigned the Can Edit permission of my app to other colleagues, the image still could not be displayed within the Gallery control (They could not access the '{Link}' field). 

I have posted this issue to my product team, if this issue is solved, I would reply here.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The first picture is how the app should look, all the images on display to start with and when keywords are entered in the search box, the pictures filter to only show the ones matching the search criteria.

correct view.jpg

When the user selects an image on the right, this is then displayed a little bit bigger on the left.  Clicking the download button opens the picture in a new window so the user can save the picture.

Unfortunately though, when the users access the app, they see the search box, but no images are displayed:

wrong view.jpg

The images are all stored in a sharepoint library which has been shared with all staff in my organization and they have full control.

It is no longer showing the images for myself either, even though it was working perfectly last week when i was testing it.

The issue i posted previously was about the search functionality, I got that working so don't think this is connected to this issue that im having now.

That's basically the scenario i am having but if you need anymore information just let me know.

thanks

Alistair

I have exactly the same problem.  It only works on the PC where the APP was made.  Not account related I guess.

michalg
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same issue with my app, its weird since some of the users can see and some dont, same permission to all.

anybody solved it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (47,232)