cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julien
Level: Powered On

image or photo in CDM Common Data Model

Hi all.

Trying to figure if i can add image or photo into a CDM field rather than through an excel file like in site locator template.

I managed to save a photo fields (id, photoid, ...) but seems like nothing goes into the image field.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Apps Staff Vijeta
Power Apps Staff

Re: image or photo in CDM Common Data Model

Hello Julien,

Thank you for your feedback. In CDM you can create a field of type Image in the entity and then upload an image through an app. You could try app from data to upload an image to the entity. In future you will be able to bulk import images through the data import functionality. What is the size of image you are trying to upload?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Power Apps Staff Vijeta
Power Apps Staff

Hello Julien,

Thank you for your feedback. In CDM you can create a field of type Image in the entity and then upload an image through an app. You could try app from data to upload an image to the entity. In future you will be able to bulk import images through the data import functionality. What is the size of image you are trying to upload?

View solution in original post

Julien

For the size, no idea. It depend of the mobile camera i think so no idea at all.

Will check app from data to see if i got a solution or an alternative. Basicaly i'm trying to do the same as in the site locator template but on a CDM and not on an excel file.

Julien

Any ideas?

Julien

Ok achieved with your solution.

Just put a form and select your image datacard. Don't forget the requiered fields.

But it looks in fact i can't use patch fonction on CDM's entities. Maybe i got something wrong about patch and updatecontext commands because they work on excel files as supposed. Is that a normal behavior or something that will be patched later?

By the way does someone know how to get back the image files that get stored in entities? Should i put a savedata with the submit form.

hpkeong
Level 10

Hi

Patch for text and images are the same.

Patch(Table1, Defaults(Table1), {Field1: TextInput1.Text, Field2: image1.image})

and for getting the the image in your gallery or image, as long as you include in the item, the required field, it will appear automatically.

Nothing special you need to do.

hpkeong
Julien

Well tried two days to adapt SiteLocator CameraPhotos multipatch from an excel file to a CDM, it never worked.

The other question that doesn't get answered is when i record an image into a CDM entitie where or how can i get a jpg/png (wathever) image file. When i open database in excel i just get the non image fields. How can i extract image from such a database?

hpkeong
Level 10

Hi

As far as I know (and experience), we can view the images in our gallery / image.

However, you can find any path (even in exported Excel file from CDM).

This is different from using Excel in Cloud as Database as you can have the path of the images and images are stored in Image Folder automatically.

Hopefully PG has the idea on how to batch download images whenever you wish to.

I get to know that Images Batch upload is on the roadmap.

Hope this helps.

hpkeong
Power Apps Staff Vijeta
Power Apps Staff

Batch import/export of images is in the roadmap.

Yahya
Level 10

After CDM upgrade few weeks ago, i am jnable to find Image datatype when creating a new record in a CDM Entity. what has happened?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,231)