cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

images not visible on I-phone / I-Pad

I have added images as .jpg to sharepoint. In my data sharepoint-list I'm referring to these mages. Displaying the images in the galleries on the desktop works, they all nicely show up in the gallery-overview. However when opening the app on the I-Phone or I-Pad the images are not visible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: images not visible on I-phone / I-Pad

Hi Warren,

I managed to solve the problem with the following solution:

In the sharepoint list I have added a collumn with the type [picture].

In the sharepoint list you can now copy the url of a pictures (both JPG as PNG) works, and then the image shown in the field.

I can select this fiels in the app-gallery and it is visible on both desktop as mobile.

Thanks for inspiring me and helping me in finding a solution!!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Dezarog ,

That is correct if you are using a SharePoint URL as a reference- it is a limitation of the way the app resolved URLs anonymously.

However it is not difficult to fix and this also works faster on PCs.

a SharePoint Library - in a Gallery  the Image control Image property is 

ThisItem.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

For a Standalone picture on the form

GalleryName.Selected.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

(you can also use Small and Medium

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi Warrenbelz,

appreciate your hint, but does not seem to work .

In the itemcontrol I get an error message when trying to add the extensions .large or .medium or .small.

does not accept any extension after ThisItem.'{thumbnail}' 

When I try to add a decimal point it already refuses further input.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Dezarog ,

I can guarantee you it works as long as the photos are in a SharePoint Library - our workforce is mobile and we take and display thousands of photos this way on iPads and Android devices (and review them on PCs) - see below.

Firstly, you have a small "t" in '{thumbnail}' should be '{Thumbnail}'

I am assuming you are running this from a gallery as you have used ThisItem - what are the Items of your Gallery.

ThumbnailCode.jpg

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@ Warrenbelz,

thanks for taking the time for sharing. Still does not work.

i'm action using galleries and also 

In the gallery I'm referring to the field name 'Picture claim', this is a recognized field in a sharepoint list. On the desktop it shows, but not on I-pad/I-Phone. Trying to add f.e. <.Large> results in error message. 

Dezarog_0-1593409339373.png

Then I also refer to images in a standard form with an added image-control. In this case I'm referring to the selected record from the gallery:

Dezarog_1-1593409583164.png

Also here I'm not allowed to add f.e. .Large or any of the other options you have mentioned.

Any further hint is highly appreciated!

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Dezarog ,

As requested previously, what is the Items of your Gallery and I assume it is a normal SharePoint Document Library with the picture as a file?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi Warren,

The gallery is taking items from a sharepoint list:

Dezarog_0-1593411434071.png

The url mentioned in the field [picture claim] is linking to an document library on sharepoint with the images:

Dezarog_1-1593411542063.png

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Dezarog ,

Your initial post said you added them as jpg (a file in a Library) and I mentioned that you have to connect to the Library, not the URL you have stored (that is the whole issue, mobile devices will not display a SharePoint URL).

The link you have also is not the file name, so you cannot filter on that. You need to store a unique identifier of your List record (the ID is good) in a numeric field in the Library and then you can reference it. This is normally done in a Flow is that is how you are filing the photos. How do you store the photos?

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Dezarog ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi Warren,

I managed to solve the problem with the following solution:

In the sharepoint list I have added a collumn with the type [picture].

In the sharepoint list you can now copy the url of a pictures (both JPG as PNG) works, and then the image shown in the field.

I can select this fiels in the app-gallery and it is visible on both desktop as mobile.

Thanks for inspiring me and helping me in finding a solution!!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,591)