cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

in CDS, How to assign different users to the different Business Process Flow's stages ?

Hi,

I am designing a Model-driven app with with a Business Process Flow that has several stages(steps), so different people can input data to complete the business process. 

I can't find the way to allow/grantt access for each specific stage to different user or user group. 

i.e.: Stage 1( input additional Vendor's fields values) to allow only to user A;  On Stage 2 I want only user B or a group of users to be able to input other fields values)  and so on...

One Entity

One Business Process Flow with different stages.

Power App model -driven apps.

Regards Mario

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: in CDS, How to assign different users to the different Business Process Flow's stages ?

@mariopdemarchi - One option to consider is Field Level Security. With Field Level Security (FLS), you can designate which users or team can edit fields. Since the fields are part of the entity, and the fields are then displayed in the BPF, you should be able to use FLS for what you need. 

I would suggest setting up Teams inside of CDS. This is not Microsoft Teams!

Using a combination of the teams and FLS, you can designate that Team 1 can edit the fields in Stage 1, Team 2 can edit fields in Stage 2, etc.

What you need to be careful of is making sure the correct fields are in the correct stages. If you put a field in Stage 2 accidentally, and it should be in Stage 1, this could confuse the users.

Going this route means a little administrative work, but could help with your needs.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: in CDS, How to assign different users to the different Business Process Flow's stages ?

Hi,

For your scenario, User level security may not be an option. Go with field-level security. Check below reference.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/field-level-security

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@mariopdemarchi - One option to consider is Field Level Security. With Field Level Security (FLS), you can designate which users or team can edit fields. Since the fields are part of the entity, and the fields are then displayed in the BPF, you should be able to use FLS for what you need. 

I would suggest setting up Teams inside of CDS. This is not Microsoft Teams!

Using a combination of the teams and FLS, you can designate that Team 1 can edit the fields in Stage 1, Team 2 can edit fields in Stage 2, etc.

What you need to be careful of is making sure the correct fields are in the correct stages. If you put a field in Stage 2 accidentally, and it should be in Stage 1, this could confuse the users.

Going this route means a little administrative work, but could help with your needs.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

For your scenario, User level security may not be an option. Go with field-level security. Check below reference.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/field-level-security

Thanks,

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your recommendation.!  

Best Regards

Mario

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,995)