cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DomiAbou
Regular Visitor

inconsistent update on choice field if dynamic usage of DefaultSelected with submit form

Hello everyone

I experience an inconsistent behaviour on a form update :

I have a choice field GlobalStatus with several values such as Approve, reject, level 1 , level2.

the update of this field depends on several others 

I use a combobox with 

DefaultSelected = If(IsBlank(ThisItem.Status),LookUp(Choices([@MLRReview].Status),Value="Pending Submission"),(glbNextStatus="-"), ThisItem.Status,LookUp(Choices([@MLRReview].Status),Value=glbNextStatus))

the variable glbNextStatus changes when several fields change.

I have a button where i have tried to set the variable to a new value just before submit. example below

Set(glbNextStatus, "Approved")

SubmitForm(the form)

The field in sharepoint is updated correctly if I make no other updates on my form but if I change several fields the change does not apply. the previous value is kept. it looks like the system doesn't have the time to apply the Default Selected value to the control before submitting

Nota : the Default selected applies because I see in the form the "approved" value. but the submit will not work each time

Any help is welcome

I am thinking of adding a patch function after Submitting , on OnSuccess, in case the status is not correctly applied, but It is not super elegant

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,054)