cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

inputs not being saved in the app

I'm creating an app where users put in their job bookings, I'm just having a little trouble where when you save those bookings they are saved in the view all details screen but when you want to edit what you saved those edits aren't saved. In the view all screen I have three button that represent weekly bookings, monthly and all bookings, so the items function is colPeriod. On the booking for the forms item is gallery1.selected and I'm not sure if that's where the issue is. Also when I want to try and edit bookings again the edit icon disappears making it unable to edit change.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Re: inputs not being saved in the app

Hi @SandraAkujobi 

Your assumption is probably right.

Where do you save the bookings to? SharePoint? CDS? SQL?

I assume upon submitting the changes, it will save the changes directly to the source, but not to the colPeriod collection? If that's the case, it would explain why when clicking on the edit icon, it will just load the "old" item. That's the one in the colPeriod collection.

You can overcome this issue by updating the colPeriod collection on the submit button when editing the item. If you don't know how, simply copy the submit code of said button here and I'll help you modify it.

I hope this helps.

Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. Like my answer? Consider giving it a Thumbs Up. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,733)