cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

inputs not being saved in the app

I'm creating an app where users put in their job bookings, I'm just having a little trouble where when you save those bookings they are saved in the view all details screen but when you want to edit what you saved those edits aren't saved. In the view all screen I have three button that represent weekly bookings, monthly and all bookings, so the items function is colPeriod. On the booking for the forms item is gallery1.selected and I'm not sure if that's where the issue is. Also when I want to try and edit bookings again the edit icon disappears making it unable to edit change.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi @SandraAkujobi 

Your assumption is probably right.

Where do you save the bookings to? SharePoint? CDS? SQL?

I assume upon submitting the changes, it will save the changes directly to the source, but not to the colPeriod collection? If that's the case, it would explain why when clicking on the edit icon, it will just load the "old" item. That's the one in the colPeriod collection.

You can overcome this issue by updating the colPeriod collection on the submit button when editing the item. If you don't know how, simply copy the submit code of said button here and I'll help you modify it.

I hope this helps.

Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. Like my answer? Consider giving it a Thumbs Up. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. Like my answer? Consider giving it a Thumbs Up. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

@FabianAckeret I'm quite sure by what you mean submit code. SubmitForm(Form1);ResetForm(Form1);Set(VARSave,false) this is what's in the formula box for the save icon.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (33,878)