cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AiolosZhao
Frequent Visitor

is it possible to add a website into the power apps?

Hi all,

I'm new to Power Apps, and our team made a web portal before, and users can log in to our portal and create requests or download reports.

And I just want to know whether we can add our web portal to the power apps, so we can use it on mobile.

If yes or another workaround, could you please tell me how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Aiolos Zhao

11 REPLIES 11
KrishnaV
Super User
Super User

Hi @AiolosZhao ,

I really appreciate your thought of reusability, but unfortunately as of today, Power Apps can't render Web Site implement outside Power Platform.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AiolosZhao :

Could you tell me:

In what form do you want to add the website to the power application? Use the app to replace the website's create requests or download reports function? Embed web pages in the app? Navigate to the designated website through the APP?

If you only need to navigate to the specified address, just use the launch function,I'v made a test for your reference:

1\Add a button:

OnSelect:

Launch("www.bing.com")

20.gif

Best Regards,

Bof

Hi @v-bofeng-msft ,

User want to render his existing website inside the Power App is there a way we can do it as of today?

Ex: I have a existed .Net website fully functioning now my user wants to render the same in a Power App so that he/she can access it in their mobile.

Regards,

Krishna

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Hi @KrishnaV :

I'm afraid that is not available.

Best Regards,

Bof

Hi @v-bofeng-msft ,

If I read the post right user wants that to be implemented, so I have mentioned it is not possible 😊.

Now you have also confirmed the same.

Regards,

Krishna

Regards,
KrishnaV
Rahber
Super User
Super User

Little advance, But you can have an Iframe component in your PowerApps and that iFrame can load your portal (it needs to be hosted some where else) . You might face some challenges while downloading stuff and cookies etc but at least it can work with little tweaking.

Hi @KrishnaV ,

Thanks for your quick reply, and yes, what I want is the embedded website in power apps.

And I saw that the iframe seems a workaround for this, do you know how to make that?

Thanks.

Aiolos Zhao

Hi @v-bofeng-msft ,

Thanks for your reply and the workaround, I think it's a kind of method to solve that.

I have tried this way, I think it will use this method if there is no other way.

And I saw the iframe may also do this.

Do you know how to do that?

I have seen the Microsoft doc for iframe. But I don't understand it.

Could you please help to tell me how to make this?

Thanks. 

Aiolos Zhao

Hi @Rahber ,

Thanks for your reply and it's the first time that I know the power apps can include iframe.

But after I read the doc about iframe, I still don't know how to use that.

Could you please give a small sample about how to use it?

Thanks.

Aiolos Zhao

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,399)