cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leyburn19
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

is there a bug with Or (||)

We are migrating from one tenant to a new tenant.  To say it is fun and filled with joy are not the words I pick.  That said I have come across an illogical issue with a gallery Filter in the new tenant

In the new tenant the filter below will only return records based on the Status Quote Approved.  In the old tenant it returns all the required records.  It is like the "Or" function no longer works.  I have tried many tests and all end in the same result only records on the one status will appear.  If I remove the Brackets that contain the OR statement I suddenly get all records for the entire list which is logical

Filter('Survey and Quote Retails Stores Quote Header',

Title=vStorename And

(Status="Open" || Status="Quote approved" || Status="Rejected" || Status="Pending Customer Approval") )

I have replaced the data source in the filter ect but nothing changes.  I have changed the text filters to try StartsWith but no change

Are there any thoughts or ideas as to why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
leyburn19
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Thanks for the feedback.  The issue sat with me.  Another lesson  in life. I should never try to rationalize things while I have 29 stores access the data at the same time.  the syncing of data for this was affected by this.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @leyburn19

Just think only of 2 places.

• Can you insert the label and verify the Verify vStorename (since we use AND)
  • Verify the data source whether you have data on those statuses
leyburn19
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Thanks for the feedback.  The issue sat with me.  Another lesson  in life. I should never try to rationalize things while I have 29 stores access the data at the same time.  the syncing of data for this was affected by this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,821)