cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

isSearchable Combobox breaks the flow initialization

Hi all,

I've got a Canvas app calling a flow when the User selects a ComboBox value and clicks the button. Everything works when the ComboBox property 'isSearchable' is set to "false"

2020-09-04_17h40_13.png

but when I set 'isSearchable' property to "true", the flow is not properly initialized and throwing an error. The error does not appear when I preview the app in powerapps but when the application is opened in Dynamics 365 Sales and the flow triggered.

Would anyone know where might be the issue?

Error_2020-09-04_18h55_31.png

ComboBox Data properties

The applied filter

Sort(Filter('Print Batch',Status = 'Status (Print Batch)'.Active),'Created On',Descending)

JSPower_1-1599238334872.png

Trigger Properties

I'd like to pass 'String Id' value to the flow when the button is clicked

Set(flowResult,PrintRecipients.Run(ComboBox1.Selected.'String Id'));If(flowResult.result = "Success",Navigate(ConfirmationScreen,ScreenTransition.None))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: isSearchable Combobox breaks the flow initialization

Hi @JSPower 

Based on your description that with IsSearchable set to true no data shows on the label, I presume that it is a Combo Box issue and the Flow retrieves no data from Power Apps.

Please try and check the result by following:

Set the screen’s OnVisible to:

ClearCollect(ActivePrintBatch, Sort(Filter('Print Batch',Status = 'Status (Print Batch)'.Active),'Created On',Descending))

Set the ComboBox’s Item: ActivePrintBatch

If the issue persists, please clear brower data and try again. Or please let us know further information.

Best regards,
Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Insert a label in the form and set its value to 

ComboBox1.Selected.'String Id'

You should be able to check what value is being passed to the flow. You may need to add a check on the button to make sure the correct value is selected. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you for that reply, I was trying to debug it but without any resolution.

If I preview the app in powerapps and select some value, the String ID is displayed in the added label.

JSPower_2-1599564064043.png

If I open the app in Dynamics 365 Sales, and do the same, there is no String ID displayed when a value is selected.

If 'isSearchable' property is enabled, that formula just does not work.

ComboBox1.Selected.'String Id'

JSPower_1-1599563850208.png

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

@JSPower in my experience, the studio and published versions differ under two conditions,

• You may jump to your screen skipping the route the published app gets and thus get different results
  • You may have values loaded/set in variables/collections that maintain themselves from one run to the other when in studio, thus giving different results

If the above do not seem to be the case, you may want to consider opening a ticket about it because this pretty much should work straightforward.

Best of luck.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @JSPower 

Based on your description that with IsSearchable set to true no data shows on the label, I presume that it is a Combo Box issue and the Flow retrieves no data from Power Apps.

Please try and check the result by following:

Set the screen’s OnVisible to:

ClearCollect(ActivePrintBatch, Sort(Filter('Print Batch',Status = 'Status (Print Batch)'.Active),'Created On',Descending))

Set the ComboBox’s Item: ActivePrintBatch

If the issue persists, please clear brower data and try again. Or please let us know further information.

Best regards,
Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi, thank you for this workaround solution! The Combobox with isSearchable property enabled works with such a collection.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,432)