cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Akashdeep
Helper II
Helper II

its possible if I closed the app after checked in than the timer will automatically running in the backend and when we again open app and shows timer running ?

if its possible than how please tell me asap?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cwebb365
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I mean, your on screen time (timer) would just key off the Checked-in date/time. So you just need to store that, then when you open the app do the delta with the current date time value, until there is a check out or other rule happens to turn that timer off. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
OanaBoghici
Helper I
Helper I

By default this is not possible. You could try implementing some variables and store them on the device with SaveData and then reload them back on app start, but unfortunately I can't think of any place where you would save data exactly when the app closes.

StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Akashdeep

As @OanaBoghici mentioned,

• There is no OnExit or OnLeave function in PowerApps (We have OnStart though)
  • Need to store the Timer value for each user in the DB/SP/Source
  • We need to have some button/icon so that user needs to click before Existing
  • We Can enable ConfrimExit to true and Display Some Messages on "ConfirmExitMessage" to make the user saves the Timer value in DB
cwebb365
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I mean, your on screen time (timer) would just key off the Checked-in date/time. So you just need to store that, then when you open the app do the delta with the current date time value, until there is a check out or other rule happens to turn that timer off. 

View solution in original post

cwebb365
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Basically, you add a timer and hide it, have duration 1 or 5 seconds, turn repeat to true, then change the onstart or whatever it is you can use a global variable and just calculate the time difference between your stored "Check-in" date/time from the today() function and then display that variable in a label somewhere and that is your timer. It'll update every 1 / 5 seconds with the current check in time. 

Akash17
Helper I
Helper I

Set the timer's AutoStart property to true and its Visible property to false.

The timer is invisible and starts automatically.

Set the screen's On Start property Set(Current Time, Now())

Refer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-now-today-istoday

Thank you

will u explain how we can do that , step by step ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,169)