Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gazbeer
Helper III
Helper III

label switch depending on new form or edit form

Hi all, hope someone has a quick fix for me please

I have a gallery where it is required for the staff to enter 6 checks per day and i want it to auto increase the check number they are on, i have that working ok, I have the check number data card to auto increase by 1 on each new form, but when i go into the edit form i need to to show the actual check number saved not a +1, so could do with a formula that will switch depending if it is a new form or or edit form?

any ideas 

Cheers

Gaz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rohentz
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Gazbeer how are you? Thanks for using our community.

@Gazbeer I would like more details about what you want to achieve, but if I understood, maybe you can show the number of records on your gallery in create or edit mode. Also just do the + 1 when save the form.

But, if you need to show different values, maybe the text property can be changed . At the sample below I have just one record on my table.

Formula on Text property : Concatenate("Total - "; Text(CountRows(BrowseGallery1.AllItems) + If(EditForm1.Mode = FormMode.New;1;0)))

Sample, on new record show Total - 2

rohentz_0-1614024392546.png

On editing record shows Total - 1

rohentz_1-1614024428876.png

Please let me know if this information helped on your question.

Regards.

Rodrigo Hentz

Microsoft Support Engineer

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
rohentz
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Gazbeer how are you? Thanks for using our community.

@Gazbeer I would like more details about what you want to achieve, but if I understood, maybe you can show the number of records on your gallery in create or edit mode. Also just do the + 1 when save the form.

But, if you need to show different values, maybe the text property can be changed . At the sample below I have just one record on my table.

Formula on Text property : Concatenate("Total - "; Text(CountRows(BrowseGallery1.AllItems) + If(EditForm1.Mode = FormMode.New;1;0)))

Sample, on new record show Total - 2

rohentz_0-1614024392546.png

On editing record shows Total - 1

rohentz_1-1614024428876.png

Please let me know if this information helped on your question.

Regards.

Rodrigo Hentz

Microsoft Support Engineer

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (52,587)